Wunderlich-Malec Engineering has an Industrial Project Manager position available at our Cordova, IL location. Wunderlich-Malec is a 100% employee-owned company and one of the largest and most well-established (35+ years) engineering companies in the United States. The Project Manager will assist the Business Unit Manager in achieving the overall strategic objectives of the company. The primary areas of responsibility assigned to the Project Manager are project management, project delivery, and total quality management at our client site. The Project Manager is expected to bring to bear all the necessary resources to fulfill the firm's contractual obligations. The Project Manager also makes a significant technical contribution through his/her own efforts.
- Requires 5 -10+ years related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and capability in Project management, mechanical system concept development, design, and layout; project budgeting and scheduling; preparing technical sections for project and procurement specifications; and reviewing drawings and technical specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has a strong understanding of engineering, design and documentation principals, practices and standards, an understanding of materials and systems, and a thorough knowledge of Engineering detailing and construction methodology. Applies these understandings in the delivery of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing projects that deliver engineering solutions to our clients that consistently exceed the clients' expectations, are on time, and are within budget.
- Develops and administers project budgets and fiscal controls, and quality control provisions; performs project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
- Represents the firm in business with clients, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
- Responsible for participating in business development and quality assurance as directed by the Business Unit Manager.
- Provides technical assistance in proposal development and presentations for new work; reports and study preparation; and project delivery.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Firm's Principals and client managers as deemed appropriate.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Project Manager I is not required to be a licensed professional engineer.
Working Environment and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office and industrial manufacturing work environment. Project Manager I may be subject to travel assignments constituting up to 25% of the work schedule. Travel varies as a function of the project.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Planning, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Informing, Organizing, Priority Setting, Problem Solving.
- All WM employees are required to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to analyze comprehensive business processes, perform in-depth work analyses, and develop computer-generated flow charts.
All WM employees are expected to interact with clients in a highly professional manner. . Project Manager I is expected to properly represent WM's service offerings to clients; and to quantify and describe to clients the business value associated with WM's service offerings. Project Manager I will participate directly with client site management and staff for daily work duties as assigned.