Final Operations Assembler - 2nd Shift
November 5, 2020 | Maquoketa, IAThis job is in Maquoketa, IA and is for 2nd Shift.RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor or Manufacturing representative, assembles or sub-assembles, hones, tests and packages all mechanical and electrical components in the Industrial Product/Agriculture production lines.PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Execute Standard Operator Procedures
- Able to understand different housing part numbers
- Basic ability to fill out hone charts and lighthouse
- Accountability of assembly line change over, and being able to identify/modify when to change pallets or B&T fixtures
- Able to perform a MechWash/ slush and flush
- Conduct searches to find part prints using warehouse software (Product View)
- Execute Kplug and oil evacuation process
- Execute fitting installation and bubble test processes, and interpret correct fluid level and pass fail criteria for certain parts
- When appropriate, the proper disposal of salvaged parts
- Filling out shortage tickets, housing allocation sheets, rework log, and production cards
- Ability to understand the proper contamination controls
- When appropriate, the proper disposal of chemicals
- Supports the training effort of new hires, and/or intermediate training.
- Performs data entry of pertinent information into assembly traceability logs, statistical process control forms, or preventive maintenance logs as required.
- May be required to perform material handling, preparation of final product to include forklift operation
- Full understanding and adherence to the Plant Operation Procedures, TS/ISO requirements, operator work instructions.
- Exhibits initiative and accountability as to TS/ISO quality standards.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Understands hydraulics, process sheets, and blueprints.
- Ability to use hand tools and torque equipment.
- Have the ability to obtain fork-lift training if necessary.
- Advanced of understanding Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools.
- Capable of running a hone, and/or a test stand with no supervision.
- Effective verbal communication skills with positive attitude.
- Dependable, exhibits initiative, accountability and maximizes use of time.
- Uses judgment and independent thinking to assure safe, accurate completion of assignments while meeting quality standards.
- Accurate data entry abilities.
- Must have met all of the requirements of System Assembler B.
HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- In a standard workday this person will be required to stand 65%, walk 20%, lift 10%, bend, squat, and stoop or twist 5%.
- This individual will be required to lift materials weighing 1-50 lbs. occasionally.
- Fine manipulation and dexterity is needed in mechanical assembly; handling measuring equipment, in working with small parts/components, for data input, writing and phone dialing. This Assembler B will perform frequent grasping motions with their hands, pushing and pulling motions of arms when moving product or when activating assembly equipment and operating tools.
- Visual requirements include excellent number and depth perception, competent blueprint reading abilities, eye-hand coordination, ability to read measurement control devices.
- Total awareness of the plant environment as it pertains to safety of other assemblers, machinists; operation of equipment, handling of material and visitors is required. This person may come in contact with all types of plant hazard: mechanical, electrical and chemical.
- Temperature and humidity conditions of the environment are generally normal. Utilizes proper personal protective equipment which may include: safety glasses, face mask, ear plugs, gloves and safety shoes/boots.