Position Title: Machine Operator
Wage: $15.75-$17.75 per hour
Shift: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Hours: 7:00am-3:20pm (Mon-Fri); 3:00pm-11:20pm (Mon-Fri); 11:00pm-7:20am (Sun-Thurs)
Climate controlled in the middle of a polar vortex or in the dead heat of summer comes in SO clutch.
Come work for our client in DeWitt, IA where they really do pride themselves on their training, safety, and ability to promote within. With newly increased pay rates- this is the spot for you!
1st-2nd-3rd shifts available.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operating machines to create plastic products and prepare them for shipment.
- Flash remove excess plastic from parts being ejected from mold.
- Use a 2"-3" knife to manually cut or trim excess plastic from part.
- Using hand-held liquid propane fueled torch to smooth areas with excess plastic.
- Remove ejected parts from machine part tray.
- Cleaning all screens, magnets, filters, hoppers, bins, and grinder using OSHA approved air nozzles, specialized tools, and PPE to remove dust and debris.
- Package boxes using tape dispensing gun, staple boxes using powered staple gun, band boxes and place on shipping pallet.
- Use fixtures and hand tools to router/drill holes, cut slots, cut/slice parts, cool, add/remove components or assemble/disassemble.
- Assemble parts with hand tools such attach/remove handles, latches, wing nuts, logo plates, labels, hinge pins, and lids.
- Use torches, hand tools, knives, and powered fixtures to rework returned or defective products.
- Dispose of excess plastic parts by use of Grinder.
- Standing and walking 7-8 hours to maximum of 11-12 hours per shift.
- Lifting 1/4lb to 50lbs ranging from 33-80 repetitions per hour.
- Ability to carry items 3 to 10 ranging 10-18 repetitions pre hours weighing 1/4lb to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend and/or squat ranging 33-80 repetitions per hours.
- Ability to finger, grasp, and depress multiple times throughout shift.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow detailed instructions.
- Knowledge or quality measurement tools such as caliper, gauges, and scales.
- Basic math skills preferred.
- Attention to detail required.
- Full benefits package and overtime available upon hire.
QPS Employment Group is a full-service staffing firm comprised of dedicated and passionate people with nearly 50 offices throughout the Midwest. We place great people with great companies in industrial, skilled trades, administrative, manufacturing, general labor and professional employment.
Why Work with QPS?
-Your choice of temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct-hire job opportunities
-Access to sought-after positions with leading employers
-Dedicated placement specialists who will guide you through every step of the job search process
-Over 30 years of staffing experience
Best of all, our services are 100% free to job seekers!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.